Women’s Business Enterprise Certification
WBENC Certification Criteria
- At least fifty-one percent ownership by a woman or women
- Proof of effective management and control of the business
- Documented evidence of contribution of capital and/or expertise
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Legal Resident Alien status
WBCS maintains a strict screening process under the guidelines of WBENC’s Standards & Procedures, which ensure that all firms are legitimately owned, managed and controlled by women. All applicants are encouraged to read WBENC’s Standards & Procedures:
Three Steps to Certification
1 Apply Online
Click here to review the certification criteria, application instructions, documents required, and to apply online.
Once your completed application has been submitted online, you will receive an e-mail notification instructing you where to mail your supporting documentation and non-refundable processing/membership fee.
2 Processing Fees
The processing fees are based on the gross revenue amount submitted on your application and listed on your company's federal tax return.
|$1M to $5M||$500|
|$5M to $50M||$750|
The process takes approximately 60-90 days once the application and all documentation have been received.
3 Yearly Renewal
The certification is valid for a period of one year, at which time you must submit a recertification application along with recertification documents and affidavit to ensure the continuity of your certified status.
An on-site visit is conducted initially and every three years.
For more information, please click here.
If you are already a certified WBE through a different WBENC Regional Partner Organization (RPO) and would like to join the Women's Business Council-Southwest, please download the affiliate application below.
Benefits for your Business
Access contact information for procurement professionals within major corporations
Certified WBE Seal
Publicize WBENC certification on marketing materials and business cards. Login to your WBENCLink account to download the seal.
Connect one-on-one with procurement professionals in the southwest region
Procurement and Networking Events
- Events include trade fairs, award galas, educational symposiums and business forums designed to connect members with business opportunities
- Regional events throughout north and central Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and New Mexico provide additional opportunities for business development throughout the region
Educational Programs and Seminars
- Educational programs feature nationally recognized speakers and small business experts that discuss useful information about business development
- Monthly Table Topics lunches provide members with a place to share thoughts and gain advice regarding all aspects of running a successful business
Tools & More
- The Done Deals program tracks business conducted between WBCS members and showcases success stories throughout the region
- Event sponsorship opportunities are available to members who are looking to gain brand exposure while supporting the WBCS mission.
through one application
DFW Airport’s Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certification program
Upon certification approval, your vendor profile will be uploaded into the State of Texas’ Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification directory. A HUB certification package, which includes a certificate and resources for doing business with the state, will be mailed to the address provided on your application.
Benefits of Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) government certification include national recognition by contracting officers to provide goods and services to the Federal Government.
If you choose to also apply for certification as a WOSB, please complete the WOSB Additional Info tab within your WBENCLink online profile. Your company’s IRS Form 941 for the most recent four quarters and printed confirmation that you have active registration status in SAM.gov should be included with your application packet. SAM.gov registration is free.
The Women’s Business Council – Southwest (WBCS) offers offers a variety of networking events, access to procurement opportunities and educational programs for both Sustaining (Corporate) Members and certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Members throughout the year.
These events give Sustaining (Corporate) Members the chance to network and/or compete for business with a wide variety of established, growth-oriented women-owned businesses.
Open to the public!
Need help? Get Started
Need Help? Let us help you get started! Are you ready to take your business to the next level with Women’s Business Enterprise national certification? Let us send you more information and an invitation to attend the next certification webinar featuring a live Q&A session.